Sunday 27 January 2013

SOLEX PHOTOGRAPHY!

So this evening I got driven back to Newport, South Wales. Driven back to the sauna of a box that the accommodation office call 'halls of residence'. My room is 23 degrees and that is without the heating turned on, it's obscene. I have so much photography equipment, darkroom equipment and photography books to try to organise, it's like trying to put together a puzzle, everything has to be in the right place in order for it to work, however in my case, everything has to be in a certain place in order for my room to seem bigger. You see my room is smaller than your average bedroom, and that is including a bathroom.

Enough rambling about my university accommodation now. The BIG NEWS that I have been wanting to share with you all day is:
SOLEX PHOTOGRAPHY
I have now decided to start collaborating with one of my fellow class mates; Alex Compton. I can't wait to get stuck into this project. I first met Alex back in September 2012 when we both started on the BA (Hons) Documentary Photography degree at the University of Wales, Newport. She returned to Newport after studying on a Foundation Degree course where she produced a large diversity of photographic work ranging from recreating Sally Mann's work (one of her favourite photographers) to fashion shoots. If I could describe Alex in three words it would be:
Short. Creative. Artistic.
Alex has a brilliant eye for detail, especially when it comes to drawing, one of her many creative talents. I believe that in her drawings the viewer can really understand how much time and effort has gone into producing such beautiful pieces. The image below is a photograph of a project that took her over a year to complete, it's absolutely magnificent. 
Every little detail has helped to make this piece of work beautiful, from its originality, to the different shades involved. Some people have the ability to produce breathtaking drawings, and I think that Alex is one of them.

Alex has assisted me on many studio shoots before, and it is safe to say that without her, my work would not have been as outstanding and strong as it was. She has a great understanding of studio lighting, both on location and in a controlled environment. So we have now decided to combine our knowledge and abilities together and start collaborating on studio shoots that will be based in Caerleon, Newport, and hopefully our business will be able to branch out in the future. Our business is offering studio shoots at very reasonable prices.

Please have a look at Alex's website to view her collection of photographic work: http://alexcompton.4ormat.com/ it is still work in progress at the moment, but she is currently working towards finishing her website alongside our academic work.

To book a shoot please contact either myself or Alex via Twitter or email:
https://twitter.com/AlexxCompton or sophie@sophieelbourn.com.

Thank you very much.

No comments:

Post a Comment